Rad Reading-February

The Baby-Sitters Club; Kristy’s Great Idea

Ann M. Martin

This book is about a group of friends who start a baby sitting club, as told by the title. Kristy and Mary Anne baby sit a lot, and they have fun. Kristy then thinks of something huge, a club. A group of a few girls (or boys) have meeting a couple times a week for a client to call in and get multiple baby sitters at once. So she invited Mary Anne and Claudio Kishi, and Claudia invited her friend Stacey McGill. The get jobs, and fine out the truth about Stacey.

I like this book because it’s relatable, it’s about middle school girls who do something anyone can do, but they make it work. It’s not like they are crazy popular people who have boyfriends and are so amazing, it’s just a few random girls who start a successful club.

My favorite character is Claudio Kishi. Claudia is a really good artist, and dresses for her, not other people, she wears fedoras to school and expressive clothing that shows who she really is. She also loves junk food, just like me, so I can kinda relate! To be one hundred percent honest though, a can’t find a really memorable quote from Claudia. Her words weren’t very interesting, just her attitude.

My favorite quote in the book is on page 71, it reads, “From what Mary Anne told me, Boo-Boo must truly be a boo-boo. What a mess of a cat.” I just think it funny because my personal favorite are funny quotes, and this doesn’t show anything particular, I just think it’s funny how she says, what a mess of a cat.

2 thoughts on “Rad Reading-February

1. You needed to find a quote to show her attitude…it’s not about it being memorable. You are trying to prove your point. 🙂