Crocheting – 20% Project Week 1

Hello! I’m Phoebe and welcome to my crocheting blog. For the 20%project I’m doing crocheting, I’m using my friend’s mom as my mentor, and it has been going very well so far. This week I accomplished a few things. I learned how to make a successful magic circle, which is used when making an amigurumi, or a crocheted stuffed animal. I’m working on an elephant for my first amigurumi. I also made an ear for it, but it failed pretty badly, so I’m going to redo it. My struggles were huge. First, it was way too difficult to make a magic circle, and took me a while, but I finally did finish making it. I also accidentally did the wrong stitch, I tried redoing it but failed, so I completely restarted. Next, I didn’t know how to do the decrease stitch. I think I’ve figured it out, but it doesn’t look good… Then somehow the ear got ruined. It look more like a half circle than an ear! For my adjustments I’m now using stitch markers, they’re used so I know when a beginning of a round is and it will make it easier. I’ll also double check what round I’m on, because one of my mistakes I accidentally used the body on the ear, making me restart. Next time I will be restarting the ear, and making the second ear.